Happy early Spring from Grammy Pags!
I hope you are doing well and enjoying the warmer temperatures and sunnier days.
I was so excited to see these little crocus babies with their heads peeking up out of the garden mulch today. I think it’s the earliest ever – February 23! Spring is coming!! Yippee!!
The Kindness Kids Project ~ just about ready to go!
I love art and writing by kids! I love their colorful drawings. I love the words they use and how they express themselves. I also love that kids create from their hearts. When I taught elementary school, my students would write and illustrate stories for me. These projects were some of my favorites. Of course, I never kept them, because they were graded and returned to the kids, but oh how I wish I had some of those stories today!
The Kindness Kids Project has been lots of work, but a ton of fun too. I’m very excited about this project, and I love how it’s a vehicle for the kids to shine and focus on kindness through their art and words.
For a short time, a “Sample” of the Kindness Kids Project Book” is available at: Kindness Kids Book – Sampler
Kindness Kids Book fun facts:
- I received 318 entries
- From kids ages 5 -17
- Entries came from: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Massachusetts, California, and Connecticut.
- The project has taken almost 2 years to complete
- The book will be full color with about 72 page
- I tried to use as many entries, or parts of entries, as possible
- I can’t pick a favorite – I love them all, but the one about “the brittle old Grandmother” made me laugh out loud. 🙂
- Book release date will be mid-April.
- As I compiled the entries, I discovered that they started to fall into specific categories, so that’s how I’ve divided up the book. A few categories are: how the Kindness Kids show kindness to others, to animals, and to the Earth. Some of the kids had “advice” to share about kindness. Some of the kids defined kindness, and I even received “Letters to Kindness” from the Lowellville, Ohio 6th graders. Super cool!
This has been such a fun project for me. My hope is that readers will enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed working on it. I’ll keep you updated on the final release date.
FINALLY – I am happy to announce: Proceeds from the sale of the “Kindness Kids Book” will be donated to a local, Mercer County, PA school for their weekend backpack program. I haven’t decided which school will receive the funds, but I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks for so much for stopping by. Wishing you Happy Spring ~ and a world full of kindness for everyone!
#KindnessMatters #KindnessMatters #KindnessMatters
Fondly, Rhonda Paglia ~ Grammy Pags Stories for Kids
A “Sample” of the Kindness Kids Project Book is now available on Amazon: Kindness Kids Book – Sampler
Other books by Rhonda Paglia: